About Image Media Channel
- Founded in 1999, fully managed since 2002.
- Large customers with high demands in various industries.
- Contracts and cooperation with great content providers, such as DI, TT, SIX, SMHI, traffic and international press. In total around 400 news and information sources.
- Genuine competence within media and technology.
- Stable technical solution. Easy to use.
- Simple and beneficial finance solutions.
- Long-term ownership and sound economy.
- We have a stable economic development and are A-rated according to Soliditet since 2010-07-26.
- The head office is in Kista Science Tower, and there is also a local office in Falun.
- Led by Bo Stintzing with large amounts of experience within media and IT.
- Image Media Channel (IMC) was founded in Stockholm during the spring of year 2000. The idea and concept was formed in 1999.
- Founder and CEO, Bo Stintzing, was an IT manager at one of the most major newspapers in Sweden when his idea concering the electronic billboard begun to develop. - If regular bills could be replaced by electronic, updatable and preferably wireless ones, this would allow for presentation of several bills at the same place, providing more of the newspapers content and thus likely more buyers. This would also simplify local bills and new bills for several editions. It could even open for commercials on the bills.
- The first prototype of the e-billboard (registered trademark by IMC in Sweden), the electronic bill, was introduced in the autumn of 2000. E-billboard had a monochrome LCD-screen and a mini-PC with a GSM-device connected. One year later, IMC presented the first version of the e-billboard with color display in various sizes.
- The first market contact was at IFRA Expo in Amsterdam 9-12 October 2000, and the reponse was enthusiastic in a time where Internet and especially wireless Internet still raised large amounts of interest, not only internationally.
- The monochrome e-billboard was tested during the spring of 2001 together with various Swedish newspapers, including Expressen, Sydsvenska Dagbladet and Dagens Industri. During the tests the e-billboards were placed in various locations, including stores, to determine if e-billboards could affect sales of single copies of newspapers.
- The test results were consistently positive, both the general public's attentiveness and attitude to this new type of media was positive. It could also be noted that e-billboards could affect purchase decisions and therefore also sales, especially when e-billboards were placed in the stores' queue to the counters.
- E-billboard has caught the attention of various business areas, not only within media and newspapers.
- Since a few years back the term digital signage has become established internationally to describe the technique using displays connected to the Internet with central distribution of commercials, news, and information, and thus we abandoned the term e-billboard. Our solution and our ideas with the then-called e-billboard stayed, though, and are today identical with that which digital signage today entails.
- With time our system has been developed with various functions and linkages to different systems and information sources. Our desire is to always lie at the forefront or our discipline, which we achieve by always choosing from the latest technology.
Board of Directors and Associates
Bo Stintzing, CEO and Chairman of the Board.
Donald Tyrcha, Non Executive Director.
Anna Argelius, Non Executive Director
Gustaf Stintzing, Non Executive Director.
Other large asociates
Leif Svensson, Founder of Dimension.
Henrik Sellmann, Founder of AB Rupes Verkmetall.
Åke Hörnell, Founder of, among others, Hörnell Int. och LC-Tec.